Education Outside The Classroom (EOTC)
We have a variety of self-contained education kits available for your use in the Botanic Garden.
The booking and evaluation forms, health and safety information, worksheets, checklists and lesson plans are available on this website or by contacting us. Phone 03 477 4000 or email: email@example.com.
If you need to cancel your booking, please call our Customer Services Agency.
There is a non-refundable charge for the kit of $10.00 half day and $12 for a full day to be paid to the Friends of the Botanic Garden at the time of collection. We also hold a bond of $40.00 which is refunded when you return the resource kit with all materials in good order.
We always appreciate comments and recommendations and we use any feedback provided on the evaluation forms to make adjustments and improvements to our service.
This activity is offered in association with The Friends of The Dunedin Botanic Garden.
- Birds of the Aviary (PDF, 586.6 KB, new window)
Endangered native birds, adaptations and animal welfare. Contains worksheets
- Flower Power Kit (PDF, 610.4 KB, new window)
Pollination, parts and adaptations of flowering plants. Contains worksheets
- Māori Uses of Native Plants Kit (PDF, 109.0 KB, new window)
Use of Resources and interaction with the environment. Contains worksheets.
- Orienteering Kit (PDF, 446.6 KB, new window)
Communication, co-operation and problem-solving skills. Contains worksheets.
- Weather Watch Kit (PDF, 459.7 KB, new window)
Weather and plant adaptations in rainforest and desert. Contains worksheets
- Confirmation of School Visit (PDF, 23.8 KB, new window)
If you are bringing a school group, you will need to fill out this form. It explains health and safety requirements and all other information you will need to keep your school group safe.
- Health and Safety Information (PDF, 29.6 KB, new window)
The following Health and Safety issues are raised for your information to protect your students while visiting the Dunedin Botanic Garden.
- Kit Booking Form (PDF, 82.0 KB, new window)
You need to fill out this form first. It includes your group's contact details and provides you with information about the hire process.
- Kit Evaluation Form (PDF, 43.9 KB, new window)
Fill out this form to give us feedback on your experience with our kits.
- Self Guided EOTC Kits (PDF, 583.9 KB, new window)
Education services at Dunedin Botanic Garden.
Maori Uses of Native Plants
- Māori Lesson Plan (PDF, 1.6 MB, new window)
This lesson plan outlines some ideas for your class, including other resources you may need to bring. It covers a range of subjects
- Māori Trail - Junior (PDF, 72.6 KB, new window)
This worksheet is about how Maori used various types of plant. It is aimed at younger children.
- Māori Trail - Junior Answers (PDF, 77.5 KB, new window)
This sheet has sample answers for the Maori Trail junior worksheet.
- Māori Trail - Senior (PDF, 35.5 KB, new window)
This sheet has sample answers for the Maori Trail senior worksheet.
- Māori Trail - Senior Answers (PDF, 52.6 KB, new window)
This worksheet is about how Maori used various types of Plant. It is aimed at older children.
- Māori Uses - Junior Flag placements (PDF, 232.3 KB, new window)
- Māori Uses - Senior Flag placements (PDF, 234.7 KB, new window)